Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Woah! Esparssss!

Happy My Birthday from Sparks (esparrss)!

As you can see I got transferred to the Rama Vista in Sparks, NV! This place is pretty lit!

It's a 100% Spanish area, and It's been kind of a trial by fire situation with my espanól. It's getting better really fast though, and I am starting to understand more and more. The area is very small, but very busy. It is probably a tenth of the size of my last area, but has probably 5x the work. Mostly because there are tons of huge apartment complexes that are chock full of Hispanics.

Sunset view of Sparks and Reno

This week has been pretty busy. This area had about 50 "investigators" total, many of which my companion had never even met or heard of. So we "dropped" (gave time) to all but around 12. This way we can focus our efforts and help lead these prepared people to baptism.

We have one kid named Hector who is going to be baptised in June, and two really solid investigators named Victor y Zulma who are sooo close to deciding on a baptismal date. Also, we found 5 new investigators this week, so I am mega pumped. We teach so much here compared to my last area. Like we have usually around 3-5 lessons a day, which is a lot for Nevada!

Downtown Sparks, NV

Really loving this place, and my new companion, Elder Gonzalez is cool too! He's from Argentina and Utah, and he is fully fluent in both languages. He's a really good teacher and wants to work hard, so that's what we are going to do.

We do some cool service here, a lot of it is with an old-folks home called More To Life. Which is funny because if you say that fast it sounds like Mortal-Life, which would be a pretty dark name for a retirement home. We also do some stuff for Habitat For Humanity, so that's chido. I don't have Elder Jarninja's AlphaSmart to write out all of my emails, so sorry this ones a little short. Also I goofed, I didn't bring my camera with me today so no personal pics today. Next week tho I promise!

View of Sparks Marina lake, a 77-acre lake in near me.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I'll be honest only like a few people wished me happy birthday so you should all feel guilty. But have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment