Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Missionary Life

Hola everycuerpo!

This one might be a bit short, not much happened this week!

We had some schedule changes which gives us more free time at nights and on P-day, and lets us have a bit more agency in terms of planning. Exciting!

We have been working hard and seeing the benefits. We might have a couple young brothers getting baptized soon, but nothing is set yet.

Our Vietnam veteran Johnny in South Lake Tahoe showed us a sign he has... Its pretty interesting. 

Johnny, one of our more colorful characters with his homemade KKK/Rebel flag sign.

He is apparently an "honorary KKK member," so that's nice. He is quite an interesting man, Johnny. But he is getting prepared to be baptized soon as well, so thats exciting.

Me and Elder Guzman have a little competition to see who can hold the biggest icicle. I am currently winning with this beaut' 

My current entry in the largest icicle contest. We have to look for ways to entertain ourselves.

Been a little down earlier this week because we did not have enough miles left on our vehicle allotment to go to Tahoe on Tuesday to teach this certain investigator that we haven't been able to teach for a long time. Will have to make sure to budget our miles better next week.

Out here I always say my prayers, but recently while I was adjusting to our new schedule and we had some conflicts, I had to skip personal study a few days. I noticed I felt kind of "off" since I hadn't been reading, so I made it a point to wake up a bit earlier and read my scriptures a bit extra and make sure that I got some scripture reading time during personal study. I noticed a huge difference! I felt more refreshed and even closer to God. It also might have been because I had sacrament for the first time in two weeks (because church was canceled last week), but I felt so refreshed and great since yesterday. I have felt the spirit stronger in lessons and all sorts of stuff.

Also been on the watch for the influx of bald eagles because, according to my mom, they make an annual trip to the Carson Valley this time of the year. Would like to say its because of the perfect mix of mountains and lakes but the real reason is a bit more disturbing. Dad found out they show up for calving season where the can feed on the abundance of cow placenta dotting the ground at area ranches.

The area is becoming more inundated with bald eagles, who travel to the Carson Valley each year at this time.
There has been a ton of snow up here still, and it is really making me miss the Texas warmth. I'm sure when I get sent to Winnemucca in the Summer I will be missing this though.

The views are great but I am starting to miss the warmth!


Thats it for now. Hope everyone is doing great! 

Adios, hasta luego.

No comments:

Post a Comment