Tuesday, January 24, 2017

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Baptisms and Lactose

Howdy everyone!

Hope you all had a great week. Elder Guzman and I have been having a grand old time up here in Nevada.

We finally baptised ol' Peth Batterson (names changed for legal reasons). She has been investigating for a very long time, and she is happy to finally have come into the fold of God.

Me and the Soon-to-be-Dunked
I'm here to clean baptismal fonts and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Elder Guzman - Matador de Aranas (Spider Killer)

Her husband baptized her and it was pretty sweet. And we got some great snacks after the service, which leads me into my next point.

I'm lactose intolerant, so that sucks. I have been pretty sick since I got out here to Nevada, and I wasn't sure why. I narrowed it down to food, then to either milk or hot sauce. Then, the morning of the baptism I drank like 4 cups of chocolate milk and nothing else and proceeded to feel extremely poorly for the rest of the day. So I think I figured it out. It's ok, Sister Chesnut - the Mission President's wife - told me almond milk is pretty lit so I got some today, and its not too bad. Now I just need to figure out how to convince Sonic to start using almond milk in their milkshakes so I can resume my consumption of those.

South Lake Ta-snow
Poquito Hombre de Nieve  (Little Snow Man)

Not much else happened here this week. Except there are unearthly amounts of snow in South Lake Tahoe, and our recent convert who is on fire got a sweet calling. Alaud Czelton (names also changed for legal reasons), an incredible man who was baptized about a month ago, was given the calling of Assistant Ward Mission Leader. He has no idea what that means but he excels at everything he does so he will probably help us baptize this entire county soon.

A day without chile is like a day without sun" #retweet​

Anyway, I hope everything is going well for everyone.

Buenas.

No comments:

Post a Comment