Thursday, February 16, 2017

Moving on Up

Things have been preeettty cool up here in NV.

We have two boys, Frankie and Tony, set for a baptism on the 25th of Feb. Their younger brother has lots of medical problems, however, so they might have to book it to a hospital in California on a moments notice.

I had some exchanges with another Elder last week, and things were pretty wild. I finally got to drive, and I was a little rusty, I'll be honest. But I only cut someone off and screeched the tires like 4 times, so it's all good. We went to a homeless shelter to talk to an investigator, and everyone started gathering around and it felt like we were preaching a sermon haha. We passed out like 5 Books of Mormon. Also, miracles happen people. Those Elders had a pineapple investigator who was ready to get baptised, but was not doing well financially. He lost his phone and had no where to stay, however, so they basically thought they had lost him. But, as we preached the "sermon" in the homeless shelter, he walked up and shook our hand, and said "I've been looking for you guys." Crazy!

​​Zone Conference




I also was able to give a training to my district this week about learning by the Holy Ghost, it was pretty great and a good learning experience.

Last Monday our Zone had an activity in which we all prepared a meal from home. So of course I made my mother's famous turkey chili. However, I have somewhat outgrown my gringo roots and more further adopted a Mexican lifestyle, therefore I added 3x the chili powder and drowned it in Tapatio. All of the white people in my zone said it was good but almost too spicy. That was very much a compliment. And the paisanos (Mexicans) said it was good but could have used a bit more heat. What to do. Anyway, there was a bunch of awesome food there and it was sweet. We have a Sister from the Philippines here and she made some awesome chicken stuff. lit

Molletes (mexican dish)

Ceviche (ghetto mexican dish)

Elder Abbotts beautiful pie that no-one ate


In other news, Elder Guzman and I totally whitewashed (literally, like, with bleach) the old organization method and revamped it. We are now more qualified for revelation! And I think we were rewarded for our efforts, because 3 days after, we committed a young man(and soon his wife) to be baptized in March. This individual used to be somewhat anti-religion, but his heart has been softened with many experiences throughout his life. It's truly a blessing when we find those who have been prepared to hear this message.

New Board (don't worry there's more people than that on there lol)
Also, I was on exchanges again this week with Elder Young, and it was a ton of fun to drive up the icy roads of Northern California to the lake. Talk about a thrilling ride, especially when I am behind the wheel!

Elder Guzman and I have been working out and dieting every day, because he only has so much time left on mission and he still has a lot of baby fat to work off before he has to go home and find a wife. El se mira como un marrano gordito ahorita jajaja.

Final thing, this week we had some cray cray wind storms. Our neighbors lost a couple little trees that scared the crap out of us when they slammed into our window at night lol. And some people down the street lost a HUGE tree. We also lost power for a little while but good thing for candles.

There was nothing firm about that trees foundation (*rimshot*)


Hope everything is great for you guys!

Adios locos

No comments:

Post a Comment