Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Finishing up at the MTC

Feliz Acción de Gracias!

That's Thanksgiving in Spanish haha. Hope you guys all had a good one. They make it pretty special here! We started out with a big devotional at 8AM from none other than Elder Neil L. Anderson! It was pretty awesome!

Elder Neil L. Anderson speaking at our Thanksgiving devotional.

After the devotional we all went and had Thanksgiving dinner (lunch) with some great turkey, stuffing, mashed papas, and even some pie. It was good but I did miss my mothers cooking, I'll be honest.

After lunch we went back and had another short devotional, all about the new LDS #LightTheWorld campaign, we got to see it a day early so that was cool! It's all about service and being Christlike, and what better to go do next than service! So then we went to the cafeteria where there were like 100 stations set up for a service project to put together food packages for the hungry. We worked there for a while and then we got a little break and just chilled in our classes and ate a sack dinner (PB&J).

Myself and about 1,500 other missionaries at the MTC, spent our Thanksgiving
afternoon preparing more than 350,000 meal packs for Utah children in need.

Then, we went back into the big auditorium and got to watch an awesome movie, Ephraim's Rescue! If you haven't seen it I recommend it, it's about Ephraim Hanks, a pioneer man who helped the Martin Handcart company come to Utah. After that, we stayed in the auditorium and went straight into the final devotional of the day. This one was all about Thanksgiving traditions and what not, so there were some awesome performances from different cultures. There was some Korean dances, a big Polynesian performance, and some other awesome singings and songs and such. All in all it was a pretty awesome Thanksgiving and I really liked it.

A group shot of myself and fellow District members.
In other news, we practiced street contacting this week and it was a lot of fun. We had to chase down our teacher and teach him a super short lesson in like 30 seconds because he was walking the whole time. It was a lot of fun and I'm excited to try it for real.

I played volleyball for my last exercise time, I'm gonna really miss it in the field.
Oh and I almost forgot, for the end of Thanksgiving they turned all the Christmas lights on and they are on every night now. It looks pretty amazing.

Christmas lights at the MTC
I'm excited to be out in the field. My next p-day I will be in Reno! Not sure what area yet but I'm super pumped.

Although I am looking forward to going out to the field, I will miss the friendships made at the MTC.

Talk to you all next week.

Elder Nick Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment