Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thanksgiving Week

Hola everyone! 

Sorry for the lack of posts. I was sick for about a week and then last p-day was super hectic and I didn't get much time to email or anything. 

Everything is going super well here. I leave for Reno in 6 days! (the 29th). My Spanish is much better now and I can say pretty much whatever I want as long as it pertains to the gospel, and I can say mostly what I want otherwise.

It's starting to get pretty cold here in Utah. I actually had to whip out a scarf a couple days ago! Also it snowed! The mountains are starting to get some snow on them too so that's pretty awesome. It's nice to look right outside your classroom window and see some picturesque snow-capped mountains.


Newly fallen snow in the Wasatch mountains.

I'm super excited Thanksgiving is almost here. Hopefully they have some killer food for us, because that's what Thanksgiving is all about right? Just kidding. But I am super grateful for my decision to come on a mission and come to the MTC. It has definitely changed me for the better. 


Our district has been going to the Temple every day early in the morning so afterwards we are able to eat an amazing breakfast that they serve there. Its truly a blessing to have one so close. Oh yeah and last week a few of us went a Spanish session in the Temple. It was difficult but super interesting!


Myself, along with my fellow missionaries after attending a Spanish session in the Temple








I'm excited to be fluent in another language. The other week we were doing a Temple walk and we met someone who asked us where we were serving and we said "Reno, NV Spanish Speaking" and he started asking us questions in Español and we just had a whole conversation, it was sweet. It was a little difficult because he is from the Dominican Republic and talked super fast but we got most of it and it was awesome.

I get to play volleyball pretty much every day now. I've gotten a lot better and I'm going to miss it since I probably won't have much of a chance to play in the field. But I'm sure there will be plenty of fun p-day stuff to do in Reno. Like Ball-in-a-cup or drinking water! I'm joking, I'm super excited to get out in the field.


Miss you all and talk to you in a week!

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment