Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Obedience = Prosperity

We had an amazing week this week!

We had 2 investigators at church as well as a few less-actives, and we found one new investigator named Noe that already has a baptismal date soon! He is so prepared and has already come to church with him great friend Hermano Calderon 3 times! The only problem is that he might be on probation so we need to figure all that stuff out before we go planning the baptism and what not.

Last week President Chesnut shared with us a scripture, Alma 36:1. I know this scripture is true through experience. The missionaries in this area before I arrived here were not exactly the most obedient nor hard-working. But with the help of a cooperative companion and a great district leader (Elder Torres), we changed the culture and the members noticed. However for a long period of time you could say we weren't seeing that much "traditional" success as in we did not see many baptisms. But in the scripture it says we will "prosper." The thing is that prosperity rarely comes in the way/form we think it will, but it always comes, and exactly how it needs to. I have learned so much these past 6 months in Sparks, and I have had so many amazing experiences in this branch. There have been many seeds planted and the reaping is about to begin, with or without me! But that's not the important thing, the important thing is that the reaping will be done by obedient missionaries!

Not much more to report but I just want to leave my testimony that I know all of these things are true. I know that by being obedient to each and every one of the Lord's commandments, we qualify for countless blessings and prosperity. So keep your eye out for it!

Sorry, I ran out of time, no pics, shortened p-day today! But we will be going to the TEMPLEEE!!! on Wednesday so It's worth it!!! 


Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment