Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Texas Toast and Healing Blessings

We had a wonderful week this week!

First off, I will not be getting transferred! I will remain up here in Cold Springs/Silver Lake at least another transfer with Elder Doig an Elder Torres. This was actually unexpected, because rarely in this mission do companions stay together for more than 2 transfers, and this will be my 3rd with Elder Torres. It's ok, I am his best friend so I'm sure he will enjoy it!

As well, this is Elder Torres' last transfer in the MISSION, so that will be kind of scary. I have never "killed off" a missionary before, but I'm sure he will sprint to the finish, so to speak.

The Cconas family

In other news, lot's of lessons and lot's of progression in our area. The Razo family came to church this week and that was an amazing miracle. I am so glad I get to stay another 6 weeks because I think we will likely have a few baptisms soon. Alex and Jennifer will be getting baptized/re-baptized within the next month most likely, and we will be setting the Razos with a date tonight! So pumped!

I know a lot more happened but to be honest I cannot really remember! One amazing miracle did happen last night, though. So we had been fasting yesterday, and I started feeling really sick, which usually doesn't happen, but we were like whatever. So we get to the long awaited dinner and it's some amazing lasagna with Texas  toast prepared by my Guyanese mother, Sister Davis, and so obviously I scarf it up. Well apparently fasting and then binge eating don't go well together, so my previous light nausea and headache turn into like, "Holy Cow my insides are exploding let me die now pls" sickness. As well, side note, pretty much every last Sunday of the transfer, as part of our assignment we host a "Why I Believe" fireside where recent converts/returning less-actives share their testimony and conversion story. So dinner ends about an 30 minutes before we need to be at the stake center in Reno to set up for this fireside, and I am like rolling around on the ground dying. I lay down and take some pepto and pain killers but it really didn't seem to do much. Well some other missionaries came over to our apartment, as we were going to give them a ride to the fireside. Well I got the idea to do a priesthood blessing, so I ask the other two missionaries to administer to me. After they pronounced the healing blessing on my head, I stood up and was ready to go. The symptoms weren't entirely gone, but has almost totally and immediately subsided. For the remainder of the night I was able to function without concern, and again my testimony of the priesthood is re-confirmed. Miracles happen and the priesthood of God is alive and well on the earth today.

 Our zone from Zone Conference

One last thing, another testament was given to me that we don't know always know what seeds we plant in the work of God! Two investigators Elder Jarnagin and I found by essentially knocking on a random door my last week in Gardnerville -- my first area -- were baptized this last week! I know that the Lord prepares people, and sometimes it is through us. That is why we cannot think that we aren't successful just because we don't see the outward results. No effort is wasted!

Anyway, not much else to cover! I am continuing to love this mission and the progression I am experiencing.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment