Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Conferencia General

​​​​Hola Everyone!

Hope you all had a great week and General Conference weekend! Elder Jarnagin and I had a swell one!

Hangin with Elder Leon

We had a pretty sweet lesson with one of our investigators in the forest in South Lake Tahoe. He brought his four ADHD dogs so it was a little hectic but we got settled down and enjoyed a lesson in the beauty of God's Creation. Really could feel the spirit there!

Heading out to the forest with one of our investigators and his dogs.

I found a wiener dog that looks just like my old dog, Ed!

On Wednesday Elder Jarnagin was super excited to get to eat at one of our less-active member's homes, the Rodriguez Family. He was excited because they are from Guadalajara Mexico and he was excited for some "genuine" Mexican cuisine. Much to his chagrin, they had forgotten about out appointment and had to order a pepperoni pizza. I was laughing pretty hard as he sulked over his za'.

More quality time in the beautiful outdoors of Nevada.

We also met a semi recent convert who unfortunately fell back into some bad habits of hard drug abuse, but we are working with him and pretty much talking to him every day and he is already really improving. He is in the process of giving up the hard drugs and he's even trying to quit the smaller stuff like smoking and what not. He reeeally wants to go to the temple so that's his driving factor. Also he keeps having dreams where he sees Jesus's face, so that's probably a good sign!

Service work in the snow.

Friday we dug a motorcycle trailer out of a ten foot pile of snow for a disabled veteran who is one of our progressing investigators! It was actually a lot of fun! His kids are goobers though and kept dumping snow down my shirt!

Then this weekend we watched some General Conference with our recent convert Claud and with some awesome members in our ward, the Millers!

A view from the hills during our hike this week.

Some down time with my fellow missionaries. Note my sweet Texas Forever shirt my mom sent me.

The main thing I took away from Conference this weekend is that I need to work on having more charity towards others. I find I am quick to judge and not be as Christ-like as I should be at all times. So I am working on seeing others as Christ would see them!

Not much else went on this week! Just working hard to bring others unto Christ! Hope everyone has a great week, adios!​​​​

No comments:

Post a Comment